Job Spotlight: Deputy Country Director, One Acre Fund (Rwanda)
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO that is developing a new way to help farm families achieve their full potential. In seven years, we have grown to serve over 250,000 farm families. Our purpose is to serve small-scale farmers in rural East Africa. In everything we do, we put the farmer first. We measure our success in our ability to make farmers more prosperous.
DEPUTY COUNTRY DIRECTOR
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Work Authorisation: Rwandan Citizens
- Job Level: Senior Management
- Years of Experience: 6 – 10 years
- Languages: English, Kinyarwanda
- Top Skills
- Public Speaking / Presentation
- Personnel / Team Management
- Computer Literacy / Internet
- Writing / Email Correspondence
- Organizing / Planning / Project Management
Work locations will be Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi and Ethiopia.
Manage two key focus areas:
1. External management:
- Setting a government engagement strategy for both national and local level relationships under the “Partnerships Division” umbrella. * Through your team build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with all external stakeholders including government, donors, the media, and other partners.
- Represent One Acre Fund – TUBURA externally at public events and for policy discussions.
- Work with the Country Director on team design to help maintain a high-performing, motivated and impactful team.
- Identify and execute on key areas for strategic innovations.
2. People management
- Work with the Country Director and team leads to set and execute on the long-term strategy for all People Division objectives.
- Through the People Division lead work with the following team leaders to achieve goals: Human Resources, Recruitment, Training and Development, Infrastructure Development and Corporate Operations.
- Working with the country director, you would need to focus on building One Acre Fund – TUBURA into the employer of choice for all applicants in Rwanda.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
Skills and Qualifications
*A Bachelor’s degree and at least eight years of work experience.
- Proven ability to manage teams and develop leaders;
- Experience in civil service a plus Strong data and analytical skills;
- Advanced Excel a plus Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills
- Exception strategic thinking, problem-solving, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Top-performing educational background; related Master’s Degree is an asset, but not strictly required
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural Rwanda – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English a must.
Already a member?
Log in with your account and apply through our job board. Any questions? Please contact your Talent Advocate.