Job Spotlight: Social Media Manager, Akilah Group (Rwanda)
The Akilah Group is seeking a Social Media Manager to spearhead its social media and email marketing strategies. The Akilah Group is a collection of social enterprises leveraging innovative education models and technology to achieve transformational change in African communities. The Social Media Manager will focus primarily on two brands: the Akilah Institute, a college for women in East Africa, and MindSky, a job-matching and career development platform.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for maintaining and growing all social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The Social Media Manager will also devise and implement email marketing campaigns, manage email lists and segmentation, and develop strategies to grow the Akilah Group’s email readership.
This position is based in New York or Kigali.
- Job Function: Media / Communications
- Work Authorisation: All Nationalities
- Location: Kigali, Nairobi, or New York
- Job Level: Mid-Career
- Years of Experience: 3-5 years
- Languages: English
- Top Skills
- Computer Literacy / Internet
- Content / Social Media / Blogging
- Digital Marketing / Web Analytics
- Sales / Marketing
- Organizing / Planning / Project Management
Social Media Responsibilities
- Execute group social media strategy across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Grow audiences across platforms
- Research and implement best social media practices
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, or video)
- Optimize social media accounts to increase the visibility of social content
- Moderate all user-generated content and address questions/concerns
- Create social media calendars and schedules
- Analyze social data/metrics and use these to guide social media strategy
- Report on conversions (defined by audience segment) generated from social media
- Identify target audiences and grow Akilah’s respective email lists, which include donors/investors, employer partners, prospective students, job seekers, and more
- Design and implement email marketing campaigns
- Use segmentation to customize email messaging to diverse audiences
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar, and spelling
- Produce bi-monthly newsletters for various audiences, including Akilah’s organization-wide updates
- Customize email templates using graphics, text, and video
Skills and Qualifications
- At least two years of experience in email marketing, social media, and/or digital marketing
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms and analytics tools (You will be asked to provide two social media feeds during the interview process.)
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing and social media. Must have email marketing experience too.
- Experience with MailChimp is an advantage
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Fluency in English
Already a member?
Log in with your account and apply through our job board. Any questions? Please contact your Talent Advocate.