Job Spotlight: Rwanda Technical Lead, Zipline (Rwanda)
More than two billion people lack adequate access to essential medical products, such as blood and vaccines, due to challenging terrain and gaps in infrastructure. Zipline improves access to these supplies by flying over impassable mountains and washed-out roads, delivering directly to clinics. It’s a magically simple system that just works.
The Technical Lead will plan, direct, and coordinate operations at the Zipline Distribution Center (DC) ensuring that our customers always receive life-saving deliveries from our Zips (our drones) when requested. We are looking for a fast learner who can think logically and strategically, someone who has the proven ability to work through really hard problems with patience and perseverance, who is extremely organized and detail-oriented, and who can motivate others and help them work more effectively. The position requires a highly motivated individual with proven leadership skills, outstanding analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills, and experience making organizations and/or systems work better. We need someone who can get things done, even under chaotic safety critical circumstances. You are a Rwandan national, fluent in Kinyarwanda.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FULFILLMENT OPERATIONS
- Job Function: Operations
- Work Authorisation: Rwandan Citizens
- Job Level: Mid-Career
- Years of Experience: 3-5 years
- Languages: English
- Ensure safe operations of our safety critical system including making Fly / No-fly decisions by evaluating risk in time sensitive situations.
- Manage daily operations of the DC, applying as required a hands-on approach to producing solutions to technical, operational and personnel related challenges which impact service and performance.
- Ensure customer experience goals and operational targets are achieved or exceeded through a combination of direct leadership of your team and influence of suppliers and third-party vendors.
- Lead the constant drive and focus to improve operational efficiency via process, technical or practical measures. Communicate feedback and direct operating experience to the global team, including input on how to prioritize and manage any necessary engineering or operational changes.
- Collaborate to forecast ongoing capacity requirements and plan resources to meet those requirements. Control the operational levers within the scope in order to achieve cost, quality, and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Technical experience in combined hardware and software systems
- Experience in a operations, logistics, or management role – you are a people person and love working with a team.
- Excellent technical communication and documentation skills for day-to-day relations with our California-based engineering team.
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations and tight deadlines; loves to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- The role will be based in Rwanda for a minimum of 6 months after training in California.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Kinyarwanda or French proficiency preferred but not required