Job Spotlight: Recruitment Coordinator, Akilah Institute (Rwanda)
The Akilah Institute for Women aims to build future generations of women leaders and professionals in East Africa through the development of a network of campuses. At Akilah, we bring together promising female leaders from Rwanda and East Africa for an innovative two-year program that prepares them for professional careers and leadership roles.
Akilah students choose a specialized track in Entrepreneurship, Information Systems, or Hospitality Management. Our hands-on and practicals-based curriculum is developed in partnership with the local and global private sectors and is focused on building the market-relevant skills demanded by the fastest-growing industries of the regional economy.
- Job Function: Operations / Logistics
- Work Authorisation: All Nationalities
- Job Level: Mid-Career
- Years of Experience: 3-5 years
- Languages: English, Kinyarwanda
The Recruitment Coordinator (RC) will lead the implementation of our recruitment strategy throughout the country in order to drive highly qualified candidates to apply online for Akilah’s Hospitality Management, Information Systems or Entrepreneurship programs. The Recruitment Coordinator will coordinate and manage Recruitment Officers with the support and supervision from the Deputy Director for Recruitment and Admissions (DDRA). In this role, The RC will be expected to lead the team in creating and implementing a recruitment plan for short and long term recruitment goals, while leveraging Recruitment Officers’ Akilah experience as alumnae. She will closely monitor and report the implementation of overall short term recruitment strategies and provide consistent and ongoing feedback to the Country Director and DDRA regarding successes, challenges and trouble spots. This consistent communication will be vital for the team to effectively problem solve and pivot to alternative strategies, where necessary.
- Lead, train and manage the Recruitment Officers (ROs) who will lead and implement all recruitment activities in strategic territories in Rwanda.
- Guide the ROs to identify and leverage strategic partnerships with institutions, schools, individuals and special events that will promote and strengthen short and long-term recruitment channels for Akilah.
- Act as the department liaison regarding Recruitment reporting and strategic developments.
- Work in collaboration with the HR Manager to recruit and manage interns, ensuring they have clear tasks and deliverables.
- Conduct a rigorous application and interview process to ensure interns and volunteers are the right “fit” for Akilah and abide by Akilah policies.
Strategy/Marketing and Comms
- Contribute to and implement the department’s yearly strategic plan for recruitment
- Ensure that yearly recruitment marketing campaigns are planned and implemented in accordance with the Recruitment strategy, goals and budget.
- Work closely with the Comms and Marketing Associate to leverage Akilah’s marketing message in all forms of communication, including but not limited to: info-session, communication materials, messaging, and social and traditional media.
- Leverage recruitment support from students, alumnae, the External Affairs Associate and relevant departments (within Akilah Group) to align strategies and maximize our recruitment channels, messaging and activities.
- Compile and share Marketing & Recruitment best-practices from other universities and institutions of higher learning
- Work in collaboration with the R & A Director to update the admissions and recruitment procedure manual.
Short Term Recruitment
- Develop targeted short-term recruitment activities for the Recruitment team. Oversee implementation upcountry done by ROs and carry out implementation in one strategic territory.
- Lead the short-term Recruitment strategy and ensure that it is results driven, drawing from community organizations, leaders and institutions (country-wide) and also reflective of admissions targets.
- Lead the effective planning and implementation of innovative and resourceful activities to ensure that short term targets are met, including but not limited to:
- Events: including but not limited to Itorero, Youth Connekt, Global ENT Week, etc., Kigali and up-country info sessions, Radio announcements/talk shows, Student Recruitment Committee
Long Term Recruitment Marketing
- Develop Long Term Recruitment Strategies in partnership with the Director and Deputy Director of R & A
- Cultivate strategic long-term partnerships with NGOs, GoR Officials, businesses and individuals that will result in elevating the visibility of the institution as a whole, while also streamlining Recruitment activities.
- Lead the coordination and implementation of long term engagement activities between secondary schools and Akilah Institute for Women.
- Collaborate with the DDRA, Comms & Marketing Associate and the M & E Officer to develop a strategy for data collection and implementation.
Budgeting and Reporting
- Provide reports to the Deputy Director of R & A Director on a weekly basis regarding recruitment targets, changes in the strategy and activities implemented.
- Report monthly to the DDRA in alignment with the Department’s Budget Reconciliation Procedure. Ensure that planned recruitment activities follow the department’s budget.
- Maintain close communication the Admissions team to fully understand and integrate Admissions targets and criteria in Recruitment strategy.
- During Admissions Season, support the Admissions team by receiving applicants, writing and following Admissions procedures, implementing assessment and analyzing data, where needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma from an accredited institution related to business administration, marketing or related degree required; relevant advanced degree preferred.
- 2 – 3+ years of relevant experience in sales & marketing or administration. Private, public, and non-profit backgrounds are all valued. The ideal candidate will have succeeded in a high-performing organization and be eager to apply best practices.Deep understanding of Kigali
- Strong Marketing skills and salesmanship ability.
- Genuine passion for women’s empowerment and education.
- Result oriented, superior attention to detail and comfort operating in a fast-paced environment with accountability to results.
- Ability to effectively lead a team in order to meet demanding targets
- Demonstrated ability to exercise both individual and collaborative decision-making.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, excellent oral presentation and written skills.