Job Spotlight: Operations and Finance Manager, PIT VIDURA (Rwanda)
Pit Vidura is a fast growing venture that provides the only safe, hygienic, and legal pit latrine emptying service in the city of Kigali. With ambitious plans to scale our operations over the next 12 months, the Operations and Finance will be tasked with managing the back office and field teams, and driving progress against growth targets and other key performance indicators.
- Job Function: Operations / Logistics
- Work Authorisation: All Nationalities
- Job Level: Mid-Career
- Years of Experience: 3-5 years
- Languages: English, Kinyarwanda
- Top Skills
- Operations / Logistics
- Personnel / Team Management
- Writing / Email Correspondence
- Financial Management / Budgeting
- Organizing / Planning / Project Management
The successful candidate’s key responsibilities will include:
- Driving performance and accountability among team members.
- Coordinating necessary resources, staffing, and procedures to meet growth targets 3. Cost control on grants/budgets and proper accounting.
- Overseeing all procurement & logistics activities.
- Monitoring ongoing technology improvements.
- Preparing weekly KPI reports and communicating with management team.
- Measurable gains in team performance and productivity
- Sustain and maximize growth across Kigali, minimize operational costs, and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Lead cost reduction projects to achieve the set cost recovery goal by the end of 2017.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of following or related fields: Business Management, Project Management, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Process Engineering.
- Experience (at least 2 years) managing teams of 10+ people.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cost reduction projects
- Demonstrable capacity for self organization and the ability to take the initiative with minimal supervision
- Curious and proactive thinker
- At ease working in informal communities and with human waste
You’ll feel at home with us if you…
- Have strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Are intellectually curious and energetic;
- Are passionate;
- Are flexible, adventurous, and able to go with the flow; and
- Are ready to work really hard but have fun too.