Job Spotlight: Flight Operator, Zipline (Rwanda)
Zipline is the world’s first commercial drone delivery company, and they’re scouting a flight operator in Rwanda. If you enjoy hands-on, high-pressure work and have experience with mechanical or electrical systems, then don’t miss this opportunity.
Work Type: Full Time
Job Function: Data Analysis / M&E
Job Level: Mid-Career
Work Experience: 3-5 years
Languages: English, Kinyarwanda
Work Authorisation: Rwandan Citizens
- As a Flight Operator at Zipline, you’ll maintain and operate a fleet of Zips.
- You’ll learn how to take a Zip through preflight checks and launch it.
- You’ll be expected to provide feedback and ideas to the Engineering team on how to make our program safer and smarter.
- Your primary responsibility is to safely and efficiently maintain and operate our fleet of autonomous aircraft.
- You will help us scale to 100+ deliveries per day while maintaining safety and following flight operations protocols at all times.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least three years experience working as an aircraft maintenance technician or maintaining other capital equipment (e.g., power turbines, mining equipment.)
- Experience working in a manufacturing or assembly line role or as a skilled tradesman (e.g., electrician, auto mechanic)
- Must enjoy hands-on work, you will be lifting 25kg objects regularly
- Adept at working with mechanical or electrical systems.
- Poise under high pressure situations
- Interest in leading safety critical processes and operations
- Ability to maintain focus during extended flight operations
- Desire to not only follow existing operations protocols, but improve them
- Experience handling and maintaining electro-mechanical products
- Able to identify and distill pain-points and opportunities for improvement to the engineering team
- Enjoys optimizing and fine-tuning processes while running them daily
- Meticulous and process oriented by nature
- Data Analysis / M & E
- Customer Service
- Operations / Logistics
- Organizing / Planning / Project Management
- MS Excel / Spreadsheets
MindSky is currently sourcing candidates for all roles. To apply, fill out our online application. Under referral code, please enter “Zipline”.
Already a member?
Log in with your account and apply through our job board. Any questions? Please contact your Talent Advocate.