Job Spotlight: Director of Franchises, Jibu (Rwanda)
Jibu equips African entrepreneurs to solve the water crisis using an innovative social franchise model. Jibu’s network of locally owned drinking water franchises profitably filter, bottle, and sell drinking water at ultra-low prices to undeserved urban communities in Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya.
Since successfully closing our Series A round in early 2015, Jibu is quickly scaling, and franchisee revenues have grown more than 20x as they meet the rapidly growing customer demand for radically affordable drinking water. Jibu is a for-profit business grounded in a charitable mission of local ownership, job creation, and affordable drinking water.
- Job Function: General Management / Strategy
- Work Authorisation: Rwandan Citizens
- Job Level: Senior Management
- Years of Experience: 6-10 years
- Languages: English, French, Kinyarwanda
- Top Skills
- Computer Literacy / Internet
- Customer Service
- Data Analysis / M & E
- Economic Analysis
- Education: Teaching / Training
- Monitors performance of micro-franchises and makes recommendations for new franchises
- Develops and manages the recruitment and selection processes for new franchises including franchisee candidate information tracking
- Ensure everything required for new store openings is available – readiness checklist sign-off
- Provide and coordinate expertise to ensure new stores are successfully delivering on targets
Enforcement and Development of Standards
- Ensure that the franchises are working as per the defined policies and procedures in the assigned territory
- Enforce compliance across franchises; develop compliance strategy and mechanisms
- Studies processes and procedures and suggests where re-engineering is required
Reviews, Audits and Check-ins
- Periodic and random visits at franchises
- Conduct periodic audit/reviews of the franchises in the assigned area including representatives micro franchises; include QC&A checks and support
Franchise Information Management
- Be responsible for franchise contracts, ensure compliance, maintaining the company guidelines and cooperation in Jibu Corporate’s vision and values
- Collect and maintain all franchisee information; support impact and KPI tracking among franchises regarding number of employees, etc
- First point of contact for any Franchise related queries
Franchise and Franchise Staff Training
- Co-ordination with Jibu Corporate in arranging training for Franchises and their staff
- Conduct follow up on training imparted and provide inputs to determine when training is required
Communication and implementation of Jibu Corporate initiatives
- Ensure that franchisees receive Jibu Corporate’s communication regarding business strategy, promotions and products and supporting them to succeed
- Ensure that all information (updates, promos, processes, system updates and projects) are shared and implemented with franchises on timely basis.
- Provide comprehensive and constant support in regards to: training, promotions, marketing and visual merchandising
Criteria for selection
The following matrix will be used to evaluate candidates for this position:
- Experience 40% Candidate must be of mature character with minimum 5 years working in management roles.
- Skills 40% Must be competent in Microsoft suite, Data analysis, and Evaluation Matrices
- Education 20% Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred
Note: In an effort to support our veterans an additional 10% value can be applied for candidates with National Police and Rwandan Military backgrounds (depending on rank, responsibility, and length of service)
MindSky is currently sourcing candidates for all roles. To apply, fill out our online application. Under referral code, please enter “Jibu”.
Already a member?
Log in with your account and apply through our job board. Any questions? Please contact your Talent Advocate.