Please note: This post is over one month old. The job openings may have expired.
Job Spotlight: Customer Service and Fulfillment Operations, Zipline (Rwanda)
More than two billion people lack adequate access to essential medical products, such as blood and vaccines, due to challenging terrain and gaps in infrastructure. Zipline improves access to these supplies by flying over impassable mountains and washed-out roads, delivering directly to clinics. It’s a magically simple system that just works.
As a member of Zipline’s Fulfillment Operations team in Rwanda, you will work with Zipline’s flight operations team to ensure safe handling, tracking, and delivery of medical products from Zipline’s distribution center to hospitals around Rwanda. You will interact directly with hospitals to process incoming orders from hospitals and answer routine questions about delivery status and receipt. You will manage product handling and delivery package preparation, ensuring quality and efficiency of deliveries. In this role, you will also interact regularly with our upstream and downstream customers as well as with Zipline’s Flight Operations team to ensure smooth end-to-end coordination from the time of upstream deliveries to the Zipline distribution center to the time of delivery to hospitals.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FULFILLMENT OPERATIONS
- Job Function: Operations
- Work Authorisation: Rwandan Citizens
- Job Level: Mid-Career
- Years of Experience: 1-2 years
- Languages: English
- Product inventory management and restocking ordering from suppliers
- Order preparation and packing
- Expiration tracking and management
- Implement best practices and safety precautions as recognized by regulators
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Perform daily quality control procedures
- Ensure safety in the Zipline distribution center’s product storage area
- Experience working in customer service, including ability to communicate effectively in the health sector
- Worked in high stress, time sensitive environments
- At least two years experience working with biological specimens or working with biomedical equipment
- Experience working in a blood bank, laboratory or clinical setting
- Experience in medical product handling
- Full Professional proficiency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda
- French proficiency preferred but not required