Job Spotlight: Salesforce Administrator, Akilah Institute for Women (Rwanda)
The future of peace and stability in East Africa lies in the hands of young women who have the leadership skills and wisdom to create jobs and build businesses that will lift their communities out of poverty. In East Africa, 85% of women work in subsistence agriculture, living on less than $2 per day. Furthermore, only 1% of the population enters university, and less than one-third of those students are female. We believe that educating young women is simply the wisest and most effective investment a developing country can make.
The Akilah Institute for Women aims to build future generations of women leaders and professionals in East Africa through the development of a network of campuses. At Akilah, we bring together the most promising female leaders from Rwanda for an innovative two-year program that prepares them for professional careers and leadership roles. In 2017, Akilah will enroll over 400 students on in both day and evening/weekend programs. Our hands-on and project-based curriculum is developed in partnership with the local private sector. Students start with a foundational summer program of English, math and leadership immersion before choosing a specialized track in Entrepreneurship, Information Systems (IS), or Hospitality Management. Students graduate with the market-relevant skills required for meaningful employment in the fastest growing sectors of the economy.
- Job Function: Computing / Software / IT
- Work Authorisation: All Nationalities
- Job Level: Mid-Career
- Years of Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Languages: English
The Akilah Institute uses Salesforce as its central database. In this position you will leverage our Salesforce database and its peripheral systems to support the Rwanda campus and Akilah’s subsidiary, MindSky. Peripheral systems include MailChimp, Zapier, Jotform, Cirrus Insight, among others. The Salesforce Administrator will lead on the implementation of any additional systems. Currently Salesforce is used by the Communications & Marketing, Recruitment & Admissions, Metrics & Evaluations, and Careers departments. The Salesforce Administrator will lead the implementation of Salesforce-based solutions to support the Academic department. The Salesforce Administrator will also lead any necessary staff training.
- Data Maintenance:
- Ensure proper data entry for all records in Salesforce across the organization. Actual data entry varies between departments, but the SA must monitor entry for inconsistencies and errors
- Upload and update existing records using Excel and data loaders when necessary
- Ensure proper flow of data between Salesforce and its peripheral systems
- Build validations and processes to automate data consistency as best as possible
- Feature Maintenance & Implementation:
- Monitor and maintain existing features (workflows, processes, fields, objects, queries, etc.) to ensure proper working
- Implement new features upon request or as needed, designed with consultation from relevant departments
- Present new features to relevant departments regularly to ensure procedures are consistently improved and evaluated
- Monitor and maintain all peripheral systems and their relevant data
- Data Analysis:
- Create reports and dashboards for staff use upon request
- Maintain existing reports and dashboards to ensure staff is receiving the proper information
- General Administration:
- Manage all Salesforce licenses, users, profiles, and permission sets
- Manage users and licenses for all peripheral systems
- Training & Support:
- Regularly train staff on relevant features and processes
- Update the existing Salesforce Manual as necessary
- Provide general technical support upon request
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-3 Years of Salesforce administration
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong skill sets in systems implementation, administration, training, maintenance and data quality
- MS Excel
- Experience interfacing with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly evolving work environment.
- Passion for Akilah’s mission of using education and technology to achieve transformational change in African communities.
- A keen desire to develop your skill-set further through self-learning and training courses
- An aptitude for learning new systems
- Good inter-personal, negotiation, and requirement-gathering skills with the ability to present solutions
- Salesforce Administration certification a plus, but not necessary