Job Spotlight: Assistant Manager, Turambe Nutrition (Rwanda)
Our mission is to empower people in Rwanda with the knowledge and skills to live a healthy lifestyle. Through a unique model of interactive nutrition education, people will be equipped with the skills and abilities to provide themselves and their families with the best possible nutrition.
Turambe Shoppe, our storefront, provides people with healthy, quick meals for take-away as well as cooking classes and nutrition seminars.
We hope to see Rwanda avoid the development of disease related to poor nutrition, as many western countries are experiencing—hypertension, heart disease, diabetes to name a few.
- Job Function: Admin / Clerical / Executive Assistant
- Work Authorisation: Rwandan Citizens
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Years of Experience: 1-2 years
- Languages: English, Kinyarwanda
- Top Skills
- Customer Service
- Telephone Skills
- Sales / Marketing
- Writing / Email Correspondence
- Oversee some of the managerial duties at Turambe. Provide the best customer service to Turambe Shoppe customers.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: cash management, sales and general managerial tasks.
Your duties would include:
- Opening or closing duties of Turambe
- Ensuring general safety of of Turambe, its staff and its customers
- Supervising all staff at Turambe when the Manager is not present
- Collecting correct amounts of payments from customers
- Balancing the cash drawer at the end of each shift
- Dispensing petty cash for purchases when needed
- Providing excellent customer service to all Turambe Shoppe customers
- Receiving phone/email orders
- Checking out customers in the Shoppe
- Giving order tickets to the kitchen
- Coordinating food deliveries
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to communicate both orally & written English REQUIRED
- Prior work experience working in a restaurant or in a sales position is PREFERRED
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment and food safety
- The desire to learn more about food safety and food production
- Hard work ethic, responsibility and trustworthiness
- Punctuality in all job related tasks
- Must submit at least 2 professional references